Monday, August 1, 2011

Home Again, Home Again - For a Few Days

We finally made it back home last night about 10:00. I was actually a little concerned that I'd sleep for 3 hours, wake up around 1am and not be able to go back to sleep, but that was completely NOT the case. I went to sleep around 10:30 and didn't wake up for good until around 7:30 this morning. I feel surprisingly great, considering how much traveling I did yesterday.

So today I have to hit the ground running. I leave on Wednesday morning to head to Mobile for a tennis tournament, and J and the fam will join me there on Friday. That means there's a lot of packing and a lot of laundry to be done in the next few days (although the laundry is just my stuff; J took care of everything else). I think my mom's gonna help me out with the kiddo packing, thank goodness. So I've just got to figure out what all needs to go to the beach, and what all I need to take for my tennis tournament. Beach towels, sweaty socks, and tennis rackets - oh my!

The trip back yesterday was ok; there were a few bumps here and there (both in air and not in air), but in the grand scheme of things, we made it back to LR on time, and with all of our luggage with us and intact. So all in all, a successful trip. I've hardly even glanced at the pictures yet, but once I get some done I'll put them up.

I've got a few more substantive posts rolling around, but they're gonna have to wait. I've got laundry to finish, 10 more days worth of packing to do, and just a few other things to take care of. But at least the rest of the trips are driving, instead of flying. That makes for much easier packing. And holy cow, I came back to a totally neat, clean  house. J and the kiddos put a lot of work into making sure the house was in great shape. Man, it is very good to be home. 

1 comment:

XIAORONG said...

I'm a fan, I really like your website, you can also into Cheap tennis rackets. know more!