Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Some Days...

Ya know, I woke up this morning feeling pretty damn good. We're spending the week at the beach with some other families, so we're being lulled to sleep with the sound of the waves. This morning, I slept until around 8, which was heaven. I didn't realize how crappy I'd been feeling the last few days until I woke up and felt decent this morning. The tennis matches I played over the weekend took a pretty good toll on my body, which was not unexpected - post tournament days are often challenging. I just remember it usually lasting for a day or so, not THREE, but whatever. I felt better this morning, and then it sort of went downhill from there. Should've just stayed in bed...

Started out the morning with a slight confrontation with some friends, which was not a big deal in and of itself, but still stressful. I suck at confrontation, and anything like that just stays with me for a day or two. It also reminded me of how frustrating life can sometimes be. Balancing self, kids, spouse, and friends is just challenging all around, no matter what you do.

Then I managed to get myself stung by a jellyfish while wading in the ocean. I wasn't even in over my knees! I sat down in one of our beach chairs, cussing like mad at the sting, and promptly got whacked on the head when the tarp we've got set up on the beach blew down. There's a rather large, painful bump on the top of my head now, but at least it didn't bleed, right? Sheesh.

And this evening, I totally lost it after the girl had one too many arguments with another kiddo in the house. In truth, there probably wasn't any great reason for me to lose it - I just ran out of patience and energy, and the day's frustrations built up to the point where I just was done.

I hate days like this. I know that they are gonna happen, and it's just part of life, but they still suck.

1 comment:

Gina and Michael said...

After reading this post I bet you can't wait to head to NC!!!