Saturday, August 27, 2011

Saturday Fun

Ahhh, Saturday morning. It's just past 9:00, and so far the following has happened at my house:
  • J discovered that his bike is out of commission. He was supposed to do a ride with a friend this morning along the River Trail, but one wheel is completely broken - the hub somehow managed to get cracked so the wheel doesn't turn. Not good. That's gonna require a trip to the bike store.
  • B wants to go see Spy Kids 4, so he's already cleaned up all of his toys and messes from the week. He also wants to earn money right now, so he's learning how to vacuum. I think he's also having fun with the attachments, but I'm not ready to venture in the playroom (currently being vacuumed) to find out.
  • The kiddos paired up to sort the laundry for the weekly laundry run. I'm kind of liking this kiddo labor thing...
I went and saw The Help last night with some book club friends. It was a terrifically enjoyable movie, and very true to the book. The group I went with was racially mixed, and I have to wonder if I didn't view the movie somewhat differently than I would have if our group had been all white. I may or may not write up a post on that, it needs to percolate a little more.

So anyway. Next up for today: a long run for me. Right now, I'm hoping that'll mean about 5-6 miles today. It's been a while since I've gone that far, but my legs should be up to it. We'll see.

And then? Well...who knows. We don't have a ton of stuff planned for the weekend, so maybe we'll all be able to relax a little for a change.

1 comment:

Gina and Michael said...

Love the kiddo chores! So great for so many reasons! ;-) Send them this way when you get a chance!