Monday, August 29, 2011

Random Notes

A few random things from the weekend.
  • Saturday, I ran 6 miles at an average pace of 11:00 per mile. I was tired, and it was around 90 degrees when I stopped, but I wasn't completely exhausted. This bodes well for increasing mileage in the near future.
  • Sunday morning, I played doubles with some friends. On the plus side, I wasn't in the least bit sore from the run on Saturday. But on the negative, even though I didn't use my left hand at all during the match, my wrist still hurts and is swollen. Suckage.
  • Tonight I baked a couple loaves of bread for lunches this week. Have I mentioned how much I love the smell of fresh bread and yeasty dough? So yummy.
  • My kids totally cracked me up tonight. Benjamin has such a fantastic sense of humor, and he has his first loose tooth! And he ate 3 hot dogs for dinner tonight, two of which were chili cheese dogs. Even though he looks nothing like you, J, this PROVES that the boy is your son! The kid can EAT. And Alyssa, even though she was tired, hammed it up enough at dinner that I had a hard time trying to stop laughing. She was snorting like a pig, and for some reason, it was funny as hell. And before you ask, no. I wasn't drinking at dinner.
  • I might be a bit tired from all the activity this weekend, but I'm having a hard time settling down tonight. Go figure.

No comments: