Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Random Activity

Three mile run today, treadmill style. The first mile was slow (treadmills are always slow to start), so it probably ended up being around an 11:30 pace. But the last two were at a 9:30 pace, which I'm quite happy with. I'm shooting for a six miler this weekend, we'll see if that happens.

More on the exercise front, I've got tennis tomorrow night, a couple of mixed doubles matches. I have literally no idea how that is going to go. I haven't touched a tennis racket since Mobile over two weeks ago, and my wrist still bugs me here and there. It's possible that I could get on the court and not be able to hit a backhand. If that's the case, I sure hope my partner (who I have yet to meet) can play the backhand side!

I also broke out the guitar tonight for about 45 minutes. I hate to admit how long it's been since I picked it up, but I apparently needed a break. I promised myself that once the traveling was done, I'd get back to it, and I thoroughly enjoyed playing tonight. I still had a surprising amount of muscle memory (surprising to me anyway), and despite the lack of appearance of callouses, my fingers didn't kill too badly. I have no idea how musicians manage to play and sing at the same time. I mean, I'm sure it's second nature to them (just as a forehand or a serve is to me), but it seems like an amazing feat to a beginner.

Anyway, not too much else going on today. Pretty quiet day, I'm starting to feel recovered from all the traveling, thank God. At some point I'm gonna have to answer the question of "what's next." But I'm not ready for that yet. I'm gonna bury my head in the sand for a bit longer...

No comments: