Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Morning Tales from the Kiddos

As we were pulling out of the driveway to go to school this morning, B pops out with the statement that "there are six states that border Arkansas."  Whah?  Ok, what states are they? "Oklahoma, Texas, Tennessee ... Mississippi... uhhh..." That was as many as he got, but I was pretty impressed. We talked about Louisiana and Missouri (how he could miss Missouri, home of his beloved Cardinals, is beyond me, but whatever) being the last two states, but I was pretty impressed that he learned that yesterday and was recalling it this morning.

THEN, A gets in on the action by wanting to know how to count by tens. So I spent the short drive to school listening to Benjamin teach Alyssa how to count by tens. Awesome.

By the time they got to 100, we were pulling into the school driveway. Until today, I've been parking nearby and walking them in. But they were both up going through the dropoff line this morning, with the understanding that B would walk A to her class and make sure she got there ok. The walk is very short, and they literally walk in the school door 10 feet from her class room, so I'm not really concerned, but it made her feel better to have him watching out for her.

As they were both getting out of the car, I hear B ask A if she had her backpack - "yup!" - and they were off. I watched as long as I could as they went in the building, and then drove away. What a good morning - it's so much fun to watch them get older. 

No comments: