Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Busy

Let's see. We had friends and relatives come through the house Thursday, Friday, and Sunday, and we made a fast and furious trip to NWA over Saturday night and Sunday. And the kiddos are on fall break, so we spent yesterday at the library, running errands, and hitting IHOP for lunch.

I also had what I hope is my last warm run of the year last night. I've managed to convince a group of friends to run a half marathon in Fayetteville in December, so that means I actually have to get serious about training for it now. It's one thing when everyone SAYS they'll do it. It's quite another when a few actually sign up for the damn thing. So now I guess I'm committed.

Last night I managed a quick 3 mile run in the neighborhood. I'm not sure why it was so fast, but my average was a 9:20 pace, which was a fast pace for me for an outdoor hilly run. Speaking of hills, I'm gonna have to add those in to my training runs, since the half will be in Fayetteville. No hills there, nope, not at all...

The kiddos have one more day off today, and then we're back to thre regular routine. Based on the meltdown the girl had last night, I think we're all ready for a normal routine. 

No comments: