Friday, October 21, 2011

Not Quite A Brick...

In the triathlon world, a "brick workout" happens when you immediately follow a long bike ride with a run. I'm absolutely certain that the term "brick" comes from how your legs feel as you take your first several steps off the bike. Complete bricks.

I've only done these once or twice, and they are totally not fun. And I didn't exactly do one today...but I did manage to follow a singles match this afternoon with a fast 3 mile run this evening. I'm normally very hesitant to do two workouts in one day - injuries are not happy things.

But there are solid plans in place to run a Half Marathon in Fayetteville in December, and a bunch of my friends are running it. J and I registered today, which means it's time to hit the pavement and step up the training. And if that means my legs feel like bricks at the end of the day, well, that can only be a good thing, right?

No comments: