Sunday, October 23, 2011

Double Digits

Today's run ended up being 10 miles. I really only intended to run 8, but I hit some really good tunes right about mile 7, and it made the decision to tack on the extra miles easy. I may end up seriously regretting it tomorrow, but I'm totally happy with it tonight. My pace averaged about 10:30 over the entire run, but the last five miles were (unintentionally) much faster than the first five, which is a good sign for general conditioning. It means there was still gas left in the tank. And in fact, I'm pretty sure I still had a few miles left in me, which bodes well for the half marathon in December. I think this is the first double digit run I've done since April, and I forgot how satisfying the longer runs can be. Not to mention the post-run, completely justifiable snackage that can occur.

No comments: