Sunday, October 23, 2011

Just About Done

Um. Let's just say it's been busy, and leave it at that. Because I've hardly sat down the last three days. I'm not complaining, but I think I've about hit my limit. Fortunately, last night held an evening with some friends who have a hot tub in their backyard. Several of us spent about 3 hours relaxing, hanging out and drinking some good bourbon. The kiddos got to play with friends and watch a movie, and all was right with the world.

I've got 8-10 miles on my schedule for running today. That should take somewhere between 1.5 and 2 hours to finish, and while it is a bit intimidating, I'm going to be glad for the "me" time. I think I may run the river trail today - I find that "out and backs" work better for me for long runs. That way I can't cut it short. Once you've run 4 or 5 miles out, there's nothing you can do but turn around and run the same distance back. It's a good way to avoid cheating yourself.

But yeah. Between the state fair and making 7 pizzas Friday, a company picnic, baseball game, and hanging out with friends on Saturday, and a long run today, I have a feeling tonight holds nothing but my butt on the couch watching the World Series. There are far worse ways to spend an evening.

No comments: