Friday, January 21, 2011

It's Friday ... Where am I?

Well, it is once again Friday - finally!  Fortune smiled on me at work, and I managed to escape Houston and hop a direct flight back to AR this morning, so I'm home.  At least for the weekend...

No real big plans for the weekend on our end.  I think I'm supposed to play tennis tomorrow, but other than that, I'm hoping to just spend time with the family and do as little as possible.  Of course, I did make a to do list while I was sitting in the airport, so I'm sure I'll work on that some, but I'm not feeling particularly motivated.  One of the things I need to add is to find my camera battery charger!  I keep meaning to add photos to this here blog, but I ran the battery down a few weeks ago and haven't found the damn charger yet.  Hazards of the nomadic life I suppose.

Seriously, the traveling stuff is entertaining for a while, but I'm sort of wishing for a bit more stability than what I've had lately.  There's something to be said for nonrecycled clothes and predictable routines.  I just feel a little less ... grounded than I'd like to feel right now.  I feel like I'm expending so much energy and time with travel and logistic issues, other things are slipping.  I'm hoping the weekend will help me get a little more grounded back here in AR, and feel a little less nomadic.  At the very least, I guess I don't have to worry about recycled clothes here... 

2 comments:

Lee said...

Understand about the nomadic feeling. I felt the same way a few year back when I was traveling up to Boston every 3rd or 4th week for about a year.

Hope you find the charger, would love to see more pics. Tell J to help you look for it.

Around the Page said...

Found the charger - it was where I left it. Imagine that. As for traveling, Boston isn't too bad a place to travel to! I visited there once, and totally loved it. There was a ton of energy there, even though it was cold as hell. I guess it WAS December...