Monday, January 17, 2011

Rainy Drive

I made it into Houston last night about 11:30, I'm staying in town with my friend L this week.  It rained nearly the entire trip (sigh), so the trip felt a lot longer than usual.  I was also more restless than usual - for some reason I just couldn't slip into any sort of a driving rhythm.  There wasn't any music I wanted to listen to, no podcast was quite right, I guess I was just restless.  My brain couldn't seem to focus on any topic for more than about 30 seconds (too much caffeine?), and I was just impatient.

The moral of this trip?  It's time to get back to working out.  I'd much prefer to be lazy as hell, but I'll be much happier when I start working up a sweat again, and it ought to clear up some mental logjams.  Maybe I'll be able to come up with something more interesting to write about than my daily drudgery.  Plus there's that little matter of a half marathon in about 6 weeks.  Yeeps!  That's gonna hurt if I don't get back to running asap.  13 miles is a decent distance when I have been running, let alone when I've been sitting on my ass since January 1st...

No comments: