Saturday, January 15, 2011

Blind Man's Bluff

So Thursday night J called me and asked me if I knew where the girl's gym shirt was. In my normal, non traveling life, that is the sort of knowledge I usually have.  But the last time I saw the shirt was last Monday, nearly a week and a half ago. 

So no, I hadn't seen the shirt. 

We talked for 5 minutes or so, brainstorming on where the shirt could be.
"In the dryer?" I asked.
"Nope, already looked there."
"What about in the clean clothes basket?"
"Nope, couldn't find it in there either."

We covered everything from my mom's house to the girl's room (a long shot - it's pretty rare that the kiddo clothes actually get put away) to her backpack and even at school.  Nothing seemed to be panning out, so eventually we gave up and conceded that she'd just have to go to her gym class without her shirt.

So yesterday morning, as I was getting ready, the phone range. 
"So, we found the shirt," J said.
"Really???  Where?"
"Well, as A was getting ready this morning, I asked HER where her gym shirt was.  She said, 'Daddy, you goofball, it's right there!'"
"So where was it?" I asked.
"In the middle of our bedroom floor, right next to where I was standing."

Apparently, it helps if you look for the existing blue gym shirt, as opposed to the white shirt that doesn't exist.

No comments: