Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Back on the Wagon

After J got home last night, I finally managed to get motivated to go for a run - it's only been a week and a half, after all!  By the time I got out of the house, it was dark and below freezing (and I'm a wuss), so I hit the treadmill at the community center.  After thinking it over yesterday, I'm going change training plans and try a 3X a week plan, as opposed to 4X a week.  Eventually something's going to stick...right?  At this point, the LR marathon is off the table; with a lost week or two, there is just not enough time, but I can probably do the LR half.  I ran that one last year in the midst of an injury and really enjoyed it, so it'd be nice to run it pain free if possible.  I think my best half marathon time was around a 2:11, so I guess I'd be making a run to beat that time.  Time will tell (and who knows, the wheels may fall off in January when my schedule goes completely insane). 

On the tennis front, I'm starting to hear rumblings of spring league starting soon.  I  have a match scheduled for Saturday; it'll be the first time I've played since September, so I guess a 4 month break is long enough, right?  It'll be nice to get back out and knock the ball around a little, I've missed the full-body workout that I get from playing.  Apparently I don't miss it enough to try to rustle up a match in the off-season, but oh well.

No comments: