Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Blah.

It's Wednesday, December 29th.  The last time I went for a run was last Thursday, and I'm currently feeling no desire to get off my ass at all.  So I signed up for the LR Half Marathon today.  Maybe that will help?

Tennis season is right around the corner, at which time I will once again (as happens every year) regret hitting only once or twice since our last match in the fall.  

Sometimes I think it'd be awesome to have the stamina, muscle definition, and abs that you see on the super athletes - the ones who spend all their time focusing on their chosen sport.  Then I remember - they spend all their time focusing on their chosen sport.  They have that luxury.  And they usually have fewer years to their name than I do, along with fewer kiddos (although that's not always the case). 

So I remind myself that I exercise for my physical health and mental sanity, and as long as I'm maintaining both of them, I should be happy, right?  And while I'm not one for new year's resolutions, perhaps I should consider starting fresh on January 1?  Then again, maybe I'm just looking for an excuse not to exercise this week.  Now, where did I leave that bottle of wine and hunk of cheese...

No comments: