Monday, December 27, 2010

Is it Over? Can I Look Yet?

Man.  That was a whirlwind 5 days.  Or however long it was, I've lost track.  I need some semblance of a routine, a few hours of quiet, some headache medicine that actually works, and a serious holiday detox. 

I've got a couple hours of work to take care of this morning, which is fine - it's better than having to go down to Houston today.  I didn't get my long run in this weekend, so at some point I'd like to get a 9 miler in today.  And maybe I'll consider eating food that consists of something other than sugar, butter, and vanilla.  Mmmmmm...  That might help my headache, right?

All in all, it was a fantastic holiday.  Once the wrapping fiesta was complete (11:30 Christmas Eve, probably an hour or so ahead of previous years), the holiday actually went pretty smoothly.  The kiddos have more loot than should be legal, and J got me an Ipad - woo hoo!  Of course, seeing as he has secreted it away at the moment, I'm wondering if it was for me or for him.  (I know I'm going to hear about that last comment later.)  That thing is an incredible time suck!  It's a total toy, and so much fun, I'm almost a little giddy about it.  I'm sure I'll get things under control eventually, but for right now I'm totally loving it. 

At any rate, I'm going to try to knock out a few hours of work, and then concentrate on a few more substantive posts.  Maybe I can pull my head out of the holiday fog it's been in and make some sense.  Heh.  That's probably optimistic thinking. 

No comments: