Wednesday, February 23, 2011

And J Starts to Twitch Uncontrollably...

Every now and then I get the urge to tackle house projects.  It usually ends up being more of a pain in the ass than I ever imagined and takes much longer than anticipated (see:  the half bath redo that took at least 6 months and resulted in my finally hiring someone to get the damn thing done).  But in my defense, it usually looks pretty good at the end (please to ignore the Tang orange color I managed to paint our kitchen in Houston - it was cheerful, dammit!), and since I'm the only one who really cares about that sort of stuff...well?  Why not. 

Maybe it's just because the weather is getting nicer - but I'm getting the urge to tackle a house project.  I'm thinking of something simple, like painting our dining room.  It's very dark maroonish color, and when you combine that with the dark furniture and wood floors in here?  It feels a bit tomb like.  I'm pretty sure I could knock the dining room out over the weekend...

Besides, if I remember correctly, J is headed out of town for a few days next week...perfect timing, right J?  Cue evil laugh.

2 comments:

Gina and Michael said...

You guys crack me up! So what color will you be choosing? Diet Coke brown? ;-)

Around the Page said...

Haaahaha! As in, in memory of my beloved Diet Coke? ;-) I'm quite glad to hear that you aren't giving it up, by the way. I'd have to find a new place to stay when I come through town...

Not sure what color, but I WILL do pictures this time around (since I actually have somewhere to post them!). I gotta figure out how to use J's camera one of these days, mine kinda sucks for this stuff.