Thursday, February 10, 2011

Snowmageddon, Snogasm, Too Much Damn Snow

Whew.  As much as I love snow, I'm kinda glad that's over.  We got 6 inches of snow yesterday - lots of fun and quite beautiful, but totally destroyed any sort of schedule or routine.  After doing a couple hours of work yesterday and figuring out that I'd screwed most of it up and would have to redo it anyway, I gave up.  J and I dragged out some of our ski gear, bundled up the kiddos, and wandered the neighborhood for a little while.

In all honesty, it probably took us longer to bundle up than we actually spent in the snow, but whatever. It was still nice out.  I had forgotten the sound that snowflakes make as they hit the trees and ground, such a soft, hushed sound.  Very peaceful.  And then my kids came outside. 

On a different note, I was supposed to get a book from Amazon yesterday, but strangely enough, they didn't deliver it in a half foot of snow.  What's up with that?  My book club is going to read Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother.  I expect it to be an interesting read, and hopefully an even more interesting discussion. 

I've got some thoughts on the book I'm currently reading, The Happiness Project, but that'll probably be for another post.  I'm about 2/3 of the way through, and am hoping to finish up later this week.  Probably depends on whether the schools are open tomorrow...  My fingers are crossed.

3 comments:

Gina and Michael said...

Can't believe you have contributed to her savings. Can I come in for that book discussion? ;-) Let's see some snow pictures!

Around the Page said...

Haha! Will you come in for it, seriously??? It's on Feb 25th...you know you want to come!

Snow pictures...they work better when you take a camera outside that actually has a battery that isn't dead. But I did get a few - will try to get some up tomorrow. :)

Gina and Michael said...

Haha! I wouldn't embarrass you on front of your friends! Me and my loosey-goosey parenting!!!