Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Motivation

Trying to find a bit of it. My workouts have dwindled to practically nothing in the last two months, and it's about time to find some motivation. I have a friend in Chicago who is running a half marathon at the end of August...that would give me ten weeks to get ready. Barely enough time, but possible. I'm also planning to go down to Mobile with a tennis team at the end of July, even though we will likely get slaughtered. Oh well, if one of those two things gets me motivated to do a little more running and working out, it'll be a good thing.

Besides, chicago is an awesome town. What's wrong with setting a goal to run a half marathon in a few months? Worst case scenario, I don't make it to the race but do the training. It's a win/win scenario as far as I can see... And if I actually make it to Chicago for the race? Yeah baby, Chicago is an awesome place to spend a weekend. Definitely win/win. Training starts Thursday.

No comments: