Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Squirrel Day!

Today is Alyssa - aka Squirrel's - birthday. She turns 6 and is all sorts of pumped for the day. We had her party a few weeks ago, but today is The Day. My mom's house is already decorated, and she's getting exactly what she wants for dinner - Little Ceasars pizza, breadsticks, and artichokes. Yes. Artichokes. Her current favorite food - go figure.

She is very much still the baby in a lot of ways, but she's very much a little girl in many others. She is completely different from her brother and reminds me of myself a lot, which may or may not be a good thing. I think she may be my reader one of these days if she finds a few books she likes, and I have no doubt she's going to be one challenging teenager. But for now I'll soak up the little girl for a little longer. She won't be around that much longer. Where the hell does time go?

No comments: