Sunday, June 10, 2012

Personalities

I spent Monday and Tuesday in Vegas, Wednesday in the office, and Thursday and Friday in hot springs at the annual convention for attorneys in Arkansas. There are always happy hours and chances to network at this thing, so I asked a friend of mine to walk me around and introduce me to folks she knows. Being a newish person in town, I needed to do that.

After nearly two hours of random conversation and shaking hands, I was ready to bolt. As we caught our breath outside, I mentioned how exhausting it was, and her response was, literally, "are you kidding? This is energizing!"

May I present textbook definitions of introverts and extroverts. It's not whether you can interact with lots of people, but rather whether you get energy from the experience or whether you need to retreat after to gather your forces again.

After several days in Vegas, being around people constantly, and then two more days in hot springs around new people constantly, I need a quiet place to hole up in for a few days (a month would be nice!)to gather my forces. Ah well, guessing that isn't gonna happen, so I'll just take my back porch in the shade for an hour or two this morning.

No comments: