Saturday, June 23, 2012

One of the best things...

One great advantage of having older kiddos is the ability to decide, at 7:00 on Friday night, that you will leave town that night - and actually leave the house an hour later. With minimal stuff.

We had planned on going over to Ouachita this weekend to hang out at a condo my parents have had for years. J and I had talked about just going over Saturday morning because we had nothing packed, and I wanted to do a 5:30 yoga class - which totally rocked, by the way. I'm thinking every week should end with a 5:30 yoga class, but I digress.

I got back from yoga at 6:30, and j informed me that the kids wanted to go over to the lake tonight and had already packed their stuff. Hmmm...so we talked about it while I ate dinner, then threw a bunch of stuff together, made a quick (VERY SIMPLE) meal plan, and hit the road.

There's a hiking trail nearby that looks cool and short enough for the kiddos to do. Even though it's supposed to be uphill for a mile, it culminates in an old crystal mine, and the kids dig the thought of digging for crystals. That may not happen till tomorrow though - they are currently putting together a Lego set. Together. Without fighting. I'm holding my breathe. Maybe it'll last longer then 76 seconds.

No comments: