Monday, June 25, 2012

Searching

I've gone to two yoga classes in the last few weeks. The first one was taught by a younger lady who had just gotten certified to teach. Her workout was very intense and left me sore for days - which is a good thing in my world.

The class I took this past Friday was taught by an older lady who was a bit more ummmm spiritual than the younger one. This wasn't a bad thing in the least. You guys know I'm not religious at all, but I feel like the spiritual side could use some attention. I've always sort of felt like exercise was my religion anyway, so maybe a teacher who is a little more on the "earthy" side isn't a bad thing.

She said one thing that really stuck with me and I keep trying to remind myself of it. She suggested that, as we eased into the hourlong session, we remembered to look for what it was we were there for. It's one thing to wish for something - wish things were easier, wish for inner peace, wish to be in better shape, whatever. But it's entirely another to go looking and searching for it.

I guess it just goes along with being mindful of what you are doing at any given time. Go into something with a defined goal and keep working towards it; don't get sidetracked or forget why you are there. You are a lot more likely to find what you are looking for if you actually look.

With that, I'm gonna get off my loopy soapbox and go find some coffee. Maybe I shouldn't blog this early in the morning next time.

No comments: